The Sutta Nipāta contains suttas mostly in verse. Some of the most famous teachings of the Supreme Buddha are found here, such as the Mettā Sutta and the Ratana Sutta. We’re adding suttas all the time. Sign up to receive email updates.
Download a reading checklist
- Snp 1.4 Kasībhāradvāja Sutta: The Discourse to the Brahmin KasībhāradvājaBeautiful similes the Buddha gives to a brahmin who challenges him.
- Snp 1.6 Parābhava Sutta: Discourse on DownfallA collection of bad actions and bad results.
- Snp 1.7 Vasala Sutta: Discourse on the Outcast
- Snp 1.8 Metta Sutta: Discourse on Loving-KindnessHow to practice loving-kindness meditation.
- Snp 1.10 Ālavaka Sutta: Discourse to Ālavaka the DemonThe Supreme Buddha defeats the Demon Ālavaka with the power of his wisdom.
- Snp 2.1 Ratana Sutta: Jewels DiscourseThis sutta was taught by the Supreme Buddha as a protection for the city of Rājagaha when it was overcome with famine, disease, and evil spirits. It explains the qualities of the Triple Gem.
- Snp 2.4 Mahā Maṅgala Sutta: Discourse on BlessingsThe Supreme Buddha teaches a humble devata about ways that we can collect blessings into our lives.