The Majjhima Nikaya contains suttas that cover a wide range of important Dhamma topics.We’re adding suttas all the time. Sign up to receive email updates.
Download a reading checklist
- MN 10 Satipaṭṭhāna Sutta: Discourse on the Establishments of Mindfulness A complete set of instructions for practicing mindfulness meditation.
- MN 21 Kakacūpama Sutta: The Simile of the Saw Learn how to put up with people saying things we don’t like.
- MN 82 Raṭṭhapāla Sutta: With Arahant Raṭṭhapāla A young man becomes a monk and teaches a King about the true nature of life.
- MN 87 Piyajātika Sutta: Suffering Born from the Ones We Love Do the ones we love always bring us happiness?
- MN 89 Dhammacetiya Sutta: Discourse about the Monuments to the Dhamma King Pasenadi visits the Buddha and explains why he has such great faith in the Buddha.
- MN 116 Isigili Sutta: Discourse Preached at Isigili Mountain The Supreme Buddha teaches the names of pacceka Buddhas.
- MN 135 Cūḷakammavibhaṅga Sutta: The Shorter Discourse on the Analysis of Kamma The Buddha explains actions and their results in a very direct and helpful way.
- MN 141 Saccavibhaṅga Sutta: Discourse on the Analysis of the Noble Truths Arahant Sariputta explains in detail the Four Noble Truths and the Noble Eightfold Path.