We’re adding suttas all the time. Sign up to receive email updates.
The suttas in the Dīgha Nikaya are typically longer than other suttas.
- DN 14 Mahāpadāna Sutta: Seven Fully Enlightened Buddhas Details of the life and going forth of the Supreme Buddha Vipassī
- DN 18 Janavasabha Sutta: With God Janavasabha King Bimbisāra is reborn as the deva Janavasabha and returns to talk with the Supreme Buddha.
- DN 22 Mahāsatipaṭṭhāna Sutta: Long Discourse on the Establishments Of Mindfulness A complete set of instructions for practicing mindfulness meditation.
- DN 24 Pāṭikaputta Sutta: About Pāṭikaputta The Buddha tells the story of one of his foolish disciples.
- DN 26 Cakkavatti Sutta: The Universal King Universal Kings and the rise and fall of society.
- DN 27 Aggañña Sutta: The Formation of the World The Buddha explains the arising of the natural world.
- DN 28 Sampasādanīya Sutta: Inspiring Confidence Arahant Sāriputta explains the qualities of the Supreme Buddha.
- DN 30 Lakkhana Sutta: The Marks of a Great Man Because of good actions he had done in the past, the Supreme Buddha had special marks on his body and special qualities related to those marks. In this sutta we learn the exact actions he did to earn each mark.
- DN 31 Sigāla Sutta: Advice to Sigālaka The Buddha gives advice to a young man on how to live a good life as a lay person.
- DN 32 Āṭānāṭiya Sutta: Discourse on Ātānātiya Verses of protection