315. I’m a monk. One day I went to the cemetery. I saw a women’s dead body, thrown away, and full of worms. They were devouring it.
316. Normally, when people see such a nasty dead body they are disgusted. But in my case, an unusual thing happened: lust arose in me. Truly I was looking at that dead oozing body as if I was blind.
317. Quicker than the cooking of rice, I left that place. Establishing clear mindfulness and awareness, I sat down in another place.
318. Based on this incident, wise consideration arose in me. The danger of sensual pleasures was clear to me. Disenchantment with life was established in my mind.
319. Based on this same incident, my mind was liberated from all defilements. See the excellence of this Dhamma! I too attained the Triple Knowledge. The Buddha’s path has been fully followed by me.
These verses were said by Arahant Rājadatta.