330. I wished for only one thing in this Dhamma practice. My preceptor helped with that. I desired the freedom from death, Nibbāna. I have done the task to achieve that goal.
331. I attained the supreme bliss of Nibbāna. I experienced it and went beyond all doubts about it. I announce this to you with purified knowledge and without doubt.
332. I gained the knowledge to understand my past lives. My divine eye is purified. I attained enlightenment. The Buddha’s path has been fully followed by me.
333. I learned about the path to Nibbāna very well in your teaching. I developed virtue, one-pointedness and wisdom diligently. All taints have been destroyed. Now, there is no more rebirth for me.
334. You, my great teacher, taught me the Noble path. You were compassionate and very helpful to me. My great teacher, your instructions were not in vain. Now I am a well-trained pupil.
These verses were said by Arahant Sumana.