429. I was newly ordained as a monk, and I was only seven years old. One day, I tamed a very vicious king snake, that had great supernormal powers, using my own supernormal powers.
430. That day I was bringing water from the great lake Anotatta for my preceptor. The great teacher saw me. Pointing me out, the great teacher, the Buddha said this:
431. Sāriputta, look at that young monk bringing a water pot. He is perfectly stilled inwardly.
432. His behavior is pleasing to others. Even the sight of him is wonderful for us. That novice monk is skilled in supernormal powers. He is excellent in the Dhamma. He is a pupil of Anuruddha.
433. He was made a great person by a great person. He was made a noble person by a noble person. He was trained and disciplined by Anuruddha who has already completed the path.
434. That novice Sumana has attained the highest peace. He is an enlightened one. But he doesn’t want others to know that he is.
These verses were said by Arahant Sumana.