447. When the fault is covered, the defilements overflow. When the fault is disclosed, the defilements drain away. Therefore, one should be open without covering one’s faults. As a result, defilements won’t overflow and will drain away.
448. All beings in this world are attacked by death, surrounded by ageing. The dart of craving has been shot into them, and it smokes because of the things they desire.
449. All beings in this world are attacked by death and surrounded by ageing. They are beaten continuously, helplessly, like a thief who has received his punishment.
450. Death, diseases, and old age approach a person like huge fires from a volcano. There is no strength to fight against them, there is no speed to run away.
451. One should not make one’s day unproductive, whether by a little or by much. Every night that is passed, his life span becomes shorter.
452. The last night can approach you at any time, whether you are walking, standing, sitting or lying down. Therefore, there is no time for you to be heedless.
These verses were said by Arahant Sirimaṇḍa.