510. When I first saw the Great Teacher who lives without any fear at all, that moment, seeing the Best of Men, a sense of shame about myself arose in me.
511. The one who doesn’t accept the advice of the Great Teacher, the Buddha, is like the one who hits with his hands and feet the goddess of fortune who comes to his house and tells her to get out.
512. Considering this, I abandoned my wife and children, money and properties. Having shaven my head and beard, I became a monk in the Buddha’s path.
513. Protecting precepts, following right livelihood, guarding my sense doors and worshiping the Supreme Buddha, I live unbeatable.
514. Those days, just one wish was firmly established in my heart: Until I remove this dart of craving from my life I will not sit down even for a moment.
515. I lived with such energy. See my strong effort. I achieved the Triple Knowledge. The Buddha’s path has been fully followed by me.
516. I gained the knowledge to see my previous births. My divine eye is purified. I became an enlightened one. Now I am worthy of offerings. I am completely liberated from defilements.
517. As soon as the sun rose ending the night, having dried up all craving, I sat cross legged.
These verses were said by Arahant Mahāpanthaka.