133. I couldn’t bear the pain of my son’s death. I went crazy and lost my mindfulness. I didn’t even wear clothes. With a messy head of hair, I wandered here and there.
134. I lived on heaps of rubbish in the streets, in cemeteries, and on highways. I wandered like this for three years, suffering from hunger and thirst.
135. One day, I saw the Supreme Buddha entering the city of Mithilā. I saw the Supremely Enlightened Buddha, the tamer of the untamed beings and the one who has no fear at all.
136. With that sight, I regained my mind and came to my senses. I went to the Buddha and worshiped him. Gautama Supreme Buddha showed pity on me and preached the Dhamma to me.
137. Having heard the excellent Dhamma, I became a nun. Following the Supreme Teacher’s instruction, I attained the bliss of Nibbāna.
138. All grief has been cut out and completely eliminated. I have comprehended all those objects that arise from grief.
These verses were said by Arahant Nun Vāseṭṭhi.