557. Previously, I was very weak in understanding the Dhamma. Those days, I was greatly despised. Even my own brother excluded me from the monastery, saying “Now you should leave and go home!”
558. Being excluded by my own brother, I was standing sadly at the gateway of the monastery. Still, I loved the path of the Buddha.
559. The Blessed One came there. My great teacher stroked my head. Taking me by the hand, the Blessed One led me into the monastery again.
560. Indeed the great teacher was compassionate towards me. The teacher gave me a piece of foot wiping cloth and instructed me to go off and focus my mindfulness well on that piece of white cloth.
561. I took my great teacher’s words into my heart. I practiced the Buddha’s path delightfully. I developed that one-pointedness which directly led me to the supreme goal, Nibbāna.
562. Now I have the knowledge to recollect my previous lives. I also purified my divine eye. I have achieved the Triple Knowledge. The Buddha’s path has been fully followed by me.
563. That day, I, monk Panthaka, created thousands of monks that looked just like me. I was sitting in that beautiful mango grove until the time for the meal was announced.
564. Then, my great teacher sent a messenger to me to announce the time for the meal. That day, I went to the meal through the sky.
565. I worshiped my Great Teacher’s sacred feet and sat down to one side. My great teacher only accepted food once he saw that I was seated.
566. The one who is worthy of the offering of the whole world, the field of merit of humans, the Buddha, accepted the meal.
These verses were said by Arahant Cūḷapanthaka.