365. I too obtained higher ordination. Being freed from taints, I was liberated from defilements. That day when I went to see the Blessed One, I had a great opportunity to stay the night in the same dwelling where the Buddha stayed.
366. On that occasion, the Blessed One spent much of the night outside doing walking meditation. Then our Great Teacher, who is skilled in dwelling in various meditative absorptions, entered his dwelling.
367. Gotama Buddha spread his double robe. He then laid down on it to sleep, like a brave lion in a rocky cave, free from fear and terror.
368. At that place, Soṇa Kuṭikaṇṇa, the disciple of the fully Enlightened Buddha who has sweet speech, recited the Dhamma in front of the best teacher, the Buddha.
369. This monk understood the reality of the Five Aggregates of clinging. He developed the Noble Eightfold Path and attained the highest peace. Now he can attain final extinguishing at passing away with a taint-free mind.
These verses were said by Arahant Soṇa Kuṭikaṇṇa.