340. Truly for my benefit, that day the Buddha came to the bank of the river Neranjara. Having listened to the Buddha’s teaching, I abandoned wrong view.
341. Previously, I lived as a foolish, blind, ordinary person. I performed various sacrifices and fire offerings thinking that was the way to purity.
342. I lived captured by wrong views. I clung to them tightly and I was deluded. I was ignorant and blind. I was mistaken, thinking impurity was purity.
343. But now, my wrong view is eradicated. I have destroyed all existences. Now I do an excellent fire sacrifice: living a life that is worthy of gifts. I worship the Tathāgatha, the Buddha.
344. All delusion has been eradicated. Craving for existence has been destroyed. Journeying on from rebirth to rebirth has completely ended. Now there is no more rebirth for me.
These verses were said by Arahant Nadī Kassapa.