122. Formerly, as a widow without children, I suffered a lot. Without friends and relations, I did not obtain food or clothing.
123. Taking a clay bowl and a stick, I went begging from house to house. Suffering from the cold and heat, I wandered for seven years.
124. One day, I saw the nun Patācarā obtaining plenty of food and drink. I approached her and said, “Please ordain me as a nun.”
125. The nun Paṭācarā had pity on me. She ordained me. Then she instructed me and urged me towards the highest goal.
126. I took her instruction to heart and followed it. Her instruction was not in vain. Now I also have achieved the Triple Knowledge and live without taints.
These verses were said by Arahant Nun Candā.