151. I was born into an upper class family that had great comforts and wealth. I was extremely beautiful. I was the daughter of Megha, a very rich merchant.
152. Many princes and wealthy merchants desired me. They sent my father messengers saying, “Let me marry your daughter Anupamā.
153. “If you tell us how much your daughter Anupamā weighs, we will give you eight times her weight in gold and jewels.”
154. But I saw the Enlightened Buddha who was incomparable and supreme in the world. I paid homage to my great teacher’s sacred feet and sat down.
155. Out of compassion for me, Gautama Supreme Buddha taught me the excellent Dhamma. Seated on that very spot, I attained the fruit of non-returning.
156. Then I cut off my hair and became a nun. Today is the seventh night since my craving dried up.
These verses were said by Arahant Nun Anupamā.