350. [The Blessed One:] Monk, you live in a great forest. You’re suffering from an illness due to a wind disorder. You don’t even receive the four requisites well. How do you live this tough life?
351. [Vakkali:] Much Joy and happiness have spread inside my body. It is because of this that I endure my tough life and live in the forest.
352. Developing the Four Establishments of Mindfulness, Five Spiritual Faculties, Five Spiritual Powers, and Seven Enlightenments Factors, I live in this forest.
353. Seeing my fellow monks who practice the Dhamma energetically, giving the training first priority, always with strong effort and living in harmony, I live in the forest.
354. Recollecting the foremost in the three worlds, the well tamed one, the perfectly still one, the Supreme Buddha, I live in the forest diligently both day and night.
These verses were said by Arahant Vakkali.