355. Hey, mind! Now I will stop you from roaming around with unnecessary thoughts. I keep you controlled like an elephant tied to the gate of the city. You, mind! Born of the body, with a net of sensual pleasures, I won’t incite you to evil.
356. The gate of the city will never be opened for that elephant. That is how I restrained you from unnecessary thoughts. You, witch mind! Don’t be mean! Now you should not be delighting in evil.
357. The newly caught elephant is very aggressive. When the strong elephant trainer tries to tame the elephant with a hook, the elephant unwillingly becomes tamed. That is how I am going to tame you.
358. As an excellent charioteer who is skilled in the taming of excellent horses, standing firm in Five Spiritual Powers, I will tame you.
359. Hey, mind! I have tied you with the rope called mindfulness. I will cleanse you with a purified life. Rebuking your faults, pushing you with great energy, I have restrained you from all evil. From now on, mind, you won’t have any journeying in this cycle of birth and death.
These verses were said by Arahant Vijitasena.