77. Previously, in the beginning of my life as a nun, I thought in the wrong way. I was overwhelmed by desire for sensual pleasures. My mind was distracted and I failed to control it.
78. Because my mind was preoccupied with signs of attractiveness, I was obsessed with defilements. Being under the influence of lustful thoughts, I did not obtain any unification of mind.
79. Back then I was very thin, pale, and shabby. I suffered in that life for seven years. Suffering from defilements, I did not achieve any spiritual happiness from the nun-life.
80. Finally, taking a rope, I went into the forest thinking “It is better to hang myself than to go back to the low lay life.”
81. I made a strong noose and tied it to a branch of a tree. I put the noose around my neck. It was then that my mind was released completely from all defilements.
These verses were said by Arahant Nun Sīhā.