87. I used to worship the fire god, the moon god, and the sun god. Having gone to rivers, I would plunge into the water to wash away my sins.
88. I practiced various types of vows. I shaved half my head. I slept on the ground. I ate nothing at night.
89. When I would come home, I would take a bath. Then I would decorate myself with ornaments. Being intoxicated with sensual desires, I comforted my body.
90. But now I have gained confidence in the Buddha’s training. I became a nun. When I understood the true nature of this body, sensual desires were completely rooted out.
91. I have cut off all existences, wishes and longings. Detached from all defilements, I have attained the supreme peace of mind.
These verses were said by Arahant Nun Nanduttarā.