139. [Māra:] Dear Khemā, you are still young and beautiful. I am also young and in my prime. Come, let us enjoy sensual pleasures and delight in sweet music.
140. [Nun Khemā:] Hey Māra, I am disgusted and ashamed of this foul body that is subject to disease and destruction. I have rooted out craving for sensual pleasures.
141. Sensual pleasures are like swords smeared with poison. The five aggregates of clinging are like piles of flesh. What you call delight in sensual pleasures is now non-delight for me.
142. I have gotten rid of craving for everything. I tore apart the dark mass of ignorance. That is how you should understand me. Māra, in this case you are defeated.
143. Not knowing reality, foolish people revere superstitions and worship the fire in the forest searching for purity.
144. But I worship the Supremely Enlightened Buddha, the best of men. Following the great teacher’s instruction, I have been completely released from all suffering.
These verses were said by Arahant Nun Khemā.