182. Having established clear mindfulness, the nun lives with developed spiritual faculties. Her life is established in the peace that comes from stilling all formations. She has achieved the peace of stilling all formations, Nibbāna.
183. [Māra:] For whose sake did you shave your head? You seem like a nun, but why don’t you be a female wanderer instead? Why are you being so foolish practicing as a nun?
184. [Nun Cālā:] Hey Māra! Female wanderers are found outside the Buddha’s training. They’re entangled in various false views. They don’t know this true Dhamma. They are not skilled in knowing this true Dhamma.
185. But the incomparable sage who was born to the Sākyan clan is called the Supreme Buddha. He taught me the true Dhamma which leads to the overcoming of all false views.
186. That true Dhamma is about suffering, the arising of suffering, the overcoming of suffering, and the Noble Eightfold Path leading to the stilling of suffering.
187. Having heard my Great Teacher’s Dhamma, I delightfully practiced the Buddha’s training. I have achieved the Triple Knowledge and completed the Buddha’s training.
188. I have gotten rid of desire for everything. I tore apart the dark mass of ignorance. Māra, know that you are defeated.
These verses were said by Arahant Nun Cālā.