189. That nun lives with clear mindfulness and with eyes of Dhamma. She has developed Spiritual Faculties. As a result of the association with noble people, she has achieved peaceful Nibbāna.
190. [Māra:] Why don’t you like to be reborn? When you are born you enjoy sensual pleasures. Delight in sensual pleasures and enjoy them. Don’t have regret later.
191. [Nun Upacālā:] Hey Māra! There is always death for the person who is born: There is the breaking of hands and feet, slaughtering, and various disasters; defilements arise for him. It is the person who is born who falls into suffering.
192. The unconquered Supreme Buddha who was born in the Sākyan clan lives in this world. He taught me the Supreme Dhamma that leads to the complete overcoming of birth.
193. That true Dhamma is about suffering, the arising of suffering, the overcoming of suffering, and the Noble Eightfold Path leading to the stilling of suffering.
194. Having heard my Great Teacher’s Dhamma, I delightfully practiced the Buddha’s training. I have achieved the Triple Knowledge and completed the Buddha’s training.
195. I have gotten rid of desire for everything. I tore apart the dark mass of ignorance. Māra, know that you are defeated.
These verses were said by Arahant Nun Upacālā.