Brahmins were a group of people in the time of the Supreme Buddha who studied and recited Vedic scriptures. They were like the priests of that time. These are conversations that the Buddha had with some of them. Many became disciples of the Supreme Buddha, some even attaining enlightenment.
- SN 7.1 Dhanañjānī Sutta: Husband of DhanañjānīWhat should you kill to sleep at ease?
- SN 7.2 Akkosaka Sutta: AkkosakaShould you accept the gift of angry words?
- SN 7.3 Asundarika Sutta: AsundarikaDo harsh words win the battle?
- SN 7.4 Bilaṅgika Sutta: BilaṅgikaDon’t let anger fly back at you.
- SN 7.5 Ahiṁsaka Sutta: The Harmless OneWhat does it mean to be harmless?
- SN 7.6 Jatā Sutta: JatāHow do we untangle saṁsara?
- SN 7.7 Suddhika Sutta: SuddhikaWho is purified and how?
- SN 7.8 Aggika Sutta: AggikaWho is the truly worthy person?
- SN 7.9 Sundarika Sutta: SundarikaAre we special because of our birth or because of our actions?
- SN 7.10 Bahu Dhītu Sutta: Many DaughtersSee the happiness of the Supreme Buddha!
- SN 7.11 Kasī Sutta: KasīThe Supreme Buddha teaches a farmer what we should really try to grow.
- SN 7.12 Udaya Sutta: UdayaThe fool is reborn again and again.
- SN 7.13 Devahita Sutta: DevahitaA brahmin gives and asks about giving.
- SN 7.14 Mahāsāla Sutta: FatherSome bad children learn a good lesson.
- SN 7.15 Mānatthaddha Sutta: Big-headed OneAn arrogant person is tamed.
- SN 7.16 Paccanīka Sutta: The Brahmin PaccanīkaOut of compassion, the Supreme Buddha teaches an unfriendly person.
- SN 7.17 Navakammika Sutta: The BuilderHow does the Buddha enjoy living in the forest?
- SN 7.18 Katthahāra Sutta: Collecting FirewoodWhy did the Buddha like to live in the forest?
- SN 7.19 Mātuposaka Sutta: Supporting his MotherFulfilling our duty to parents.
- SN 7.20 Bhikkhaka Sutta: BhikkhakaIs everyone who begs a monk?
- SN 7.21 Saṅgārava Sutta: SaṅgāravaCan we remove the results of our bad actions by bathing?
- SN 7.22 Khomadussa Sutta: People at Khomadussa VillageWho should be in a meeting?
All Saṁyutta Nikāya
— Sāgātha Vagga —
| SN 1 | SN 2 | SN 3 | SN 4 | SN 5 | SN 6 | SN 7 | SN 8 | SN 9 | SN 10 | SN 11 |
— Nidāna Vagga —
| SN 12 | SN 13 | SN 14 | SN 15 | SN 16 | SN 17 | SN 18 | SN 19 | SN 20 | SN 21 |
— Khandha Vagga —
| SN 22 | SN 23 | SN 24 | SN 25 | SN 26 | SN 27 | SN 28 | SN 29 | SN 30 | SN 31 | SN 32 | SN 33 | SN 34 |
— Saḷāyatana Vagga —
| SN 35 | SN 36 | SN 37 | SN 38 | SN 39 | SN 40 | SN 41 | SN 42 | SN 43 | SN 44 |
— Mahā Vagga —
| SN 45 | SN 46 | SN 47 | SN 48 | SN 49 | SN 50 | SN 51 | SN 52 | SN 53 | SN 54 | SN 55 | SN 56 |
All Saṁyutta Nikāya